Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pure Randomness...

Good evening, morning, afternoon to everyone! And a BIG welcome to my new followers Kristie and Alexandra, thanks for following along with me in all of my goals and adventures. I am just so excited!

You will be getting allot of these random blog posts from me because I want to hurry and make it to 100 so that I can have my giveaway soon! I am not a very patient person(I am working on it), but in this case it is a good thing! I think that I might be more excited about a giveaway than you guys are, I love receiving fun unexpected gifts, but I think that I like giving them a little more! Hummmm, let's see this post makes #36 I think, so give me time ladies I am working on it, you may get a couple posts a day of just pure randomness!

My head is full of things that I could make or buy to make my giveaway special and worth all of your time. Like I said I have been window shopping on Etsy allot these past couple of days, so we will just see.

Today I had to get out of this house, so I packed up the kids and took a trip South to visit my mom, she lives in a very small town, that 50% of the population is Amish so there are hitching posts at the grocery store and restaurants and cute little Amish children all dressed in their hats and bonnets being driven in a horse covered wagon, it truly is like a step back in time. You hear the clip clop of the horses hooves and the bells that they have attached to their harness being lead by a man with a straw hat and suspenders holding up his handmade trousers. I love going to their produce store in the summer time, they have no electricity and the elderly man behind the counter rings you up with a cash register from the late 1800's, a Cha-Ching echoes through the store as he finalizes the sale of the homegrown veggies they are so proud of. It is such a surreal experience.

My mom let me get out alone for a few minutes while she watched the kids, so I went to the local quilt shop to look at their fabric selection, the shop is in an old church and it is just adorable. I picked up some fat quarters that she had for sale, all of the fabrics looked very vintage, so of course I was in love, 9 fat quarters for under $12.00, you can't beat that!

Here is a picture of my fabric finds...



The fabric on the top is what I got today, on the bottom is what I purchased from Etsy and got in the mail yesterday. Don't you just love it?

Well, I am using the upstairs computer and it is still really cold up here so I am going downstairs to warm up, the kids don't have school again tomorrow so they are playing some Wii, I think I will join in! Good night!

xoxo~Meg

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea how to sew, but I want to learn so bad! I want to be able to knit and do all kinds of crafty things. I am a journalist so I write all the time (pre-teen novel in the works) so not much time for crafty Kristie but I really want to make the time. Do you have any pointers or suggestions on how to get started? I mean I don't even have a sewing machine or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just One of the Guys is a hilarious movie. Another few favorites of mine from the mid 80's are Lucas, Teen Witch and Some Kind of Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooo, the visit to your mom's sounds amazing! i'm really captivated by the simple life.
    that fabric is absolutely wonderful and an awesome price!!
    i've been wanting to do quilts for my kiddos with some of their favorite clothes they've outgrown and funky material... now to get my other projects done so i have time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics are gorgeous! It's so nice to have your mama visiting! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg