I had a good day at work yesterday, it was pretty quiet, basically I answered phones and addressed a couple of envelopes for my Administrator. I did get to visit with some of my coworker's and that makes me miss working full time, they are a wonderful bunch of people. I have to say and I am not being bias, this Nursing Home employs the most caring staff, it takes a special person to work with the elderly, I have never seen such compassion as I do when I walk through those doors! I have to work on Monday so I will get to see a few of my favorite people again, it makes the day go by so smoothly when you work with positive people!
Gabe helped his brother yesterday, he is moving to South Carolina in February and Gabe helped pack and load the truck. Gabe's whole family is just like we are and have a thing for vintage goodies, so his brother gave us a few things...
Gabe thought I would like the Ball jar to put my buttons in and the little toaster is actually a salt and pepper shaker set!
Here is a better view of it, isn't cute?
I love this crock, we have a little collection of them around our house!
I couldn't believe how good of shape these newspapers and magazines were still in, these are just a few of the headliners that were in the pile!
A little side note about the moon landing paper, I have a cousin who worked for NASA in the 60's when we landed on the moon and he was the Aerospace Engineer that did all the testing and ultimate selection of the Omega Speedmaster Chronograph for the flight and it was the first watch on the moon. He is now retired from NASA, but he got to go to Hong Kong along with Buzz Aldrin because they had come out with a commerative watch in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of our 1st moon landing.
Here is a picture of my cousin James Ragan and Buzz Aldrin at the event...
{My cousin is the one on the left.}
Tonight Gabe's brother and his wife are coming over for dinner and we are going to watch The Hangover, I just love that movie, this will be Gabe and I's 5th time watching it!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo~Meg
{I guess I had more to say than I thought I did!}
Post #74

Hi, i love your little toaster salt and pepper shaker set :) hope you are having a fun weekend xx
ReplyDeleteThat salt and pepper shaker set is so cute! And how awesome is that about your cousin and NASA. I love hearing cool stories like that.
ReplyDelete