Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Lazy Sunday

I can already tell, today is going to be one of those lazy days where I don't want to do anything but sit on the couch and watch movies or sit in front of the computer and browse my favorite blogs and Etsy shops. On a blog that I read I found this clever idea that I need to put to use...


Heather, from the Bumblebird blog came up with this neat way of deciding on how to spend your time, she used leftover pieces of cardboard and covered the sticks in scrapbook papers and stamped the words:

read

play

game

movie

bake

craft


On the other side of the sticks she used Happy Tape and wrapped it around each stick to make it a little prettier! She then put the finished sticks in a jar or vase and there you go, an instant decision maker!! I thought it would be neat to use some old paint stir sticks instead of cardboard, and just decorate those. If you don't have any sticks laying around, then just go to your local hardware store and ask for some, I am sure they would give you a few! Now I am going to have to get some Happy Tape and stamps so that I can make this for myself, maybe tomorrow!!

I was experimenting with some pictures and text to see if I could make my very own blog button, I have one made now I just have to figure out how to turn it into HTML format, any suggestions???
Well, here it is anyway, feel free to grab it and link it to me until I can figure out how to reformat it to HTML!!



Have a wonderful Sunday!

xoxo~Meg

Post #64

P.S.
I may not be around much tomorrow, Gabe is taking me out for my BIRTHDAY! YAY!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I too wanted my own blog button and banner. First I don't have the necessary software (may be getting soon since some else wants it) and second, I am out for another month(?) with my injuries to the arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I think we all should have a time in while to be just doing nothing but resting, get lazy. ^-^ I'll do so too! sometime.
    But the button thing..I've never thought about this things..feel kind of weird.
    I only like to make things that is useful for people to use on, have to have a deep thought about it..
    But I feel happy for you anyway, just because you love it, like it and making you happy. ^-^
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm up late and can't sleep. Just noticed that the clock says "It's Meg's birthday now". HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET FRIEND!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zarina~I'm sorry that you are still not 100%, that is just awful, hope your get better soon!

    Sophie~I forgot that you design blog layouts, we all need a lazy day every once in awhile!

    Kristie~Aw, how sweeet of you, you were the first person to tell me happy birthday today! xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg