Friday, January 8, 2010

The "Fever" has finally broke!

I got to get out today and I stayed out for over 4 hours...CRAAAAZY! It was looking iffy there for awhile this morning as I watched a fresh batch of snow fall from the sky, but my wonderful mother in law came to the rescue!! I was determined to get out today, someway, somehow even if I had to just go out and sit in my minivan and listen to the radio while pretended I was going somewhere! Gabe stayed home with kids, plus one(his 8 year old brother)while his mom and I went to the Yarn Shop and then hit a couple flea markets. We spent about an hour or so in each one and man did it feel wonderful! I bought some more pretty yarn and different size knitting needles, got lost in the sea of colors and touched just about every skein in the building, I picked up some flea market treasures as well.

I have something special in mind for these pretty colors...



I hope that the idea that I have in my head looks as good actually made, I guess we will have to see!!!

Some new knitting needles...



And now what you have all been waiting for, my flea market finds...


I found this pretty vintage table cloth tucked away behind some not so pretty sheets!



Do you see the little thread and needles and the woman sewing? Isn't that just too cute?

I found these little guys to hang out in my kitchen...



Some pretty vintage buttons...


I only paid one dollar for all of these buttons!

This little guy(which by the way cost me 15 cents!)...



And last, but not least...


Is it getting obvious that I kind of like owls???

Take a closer look at this one(sorry about the photo quality, I was having flash issues)...


I have something special in mind for him and the skeleton key pictured above! Maybe they will get to sit pretty on your neck someday...oops, I've said to much! (0;

After I got home and made supper for the family, we snuggled on the couch and watch this movie...



Has anyone else seen this movie? If not, you need to! It is such a cute movie and I love the characters, did you know that most of them are SNL actors, maybe that is why it is so funny, I just love Bill Hader and Andy Sandburg!! After the movie Gabe and the kids played a little more Wii, they each did the Wii Fit challenge, after you complete the game it determines your age by how you did, Gabe was 62, Ragan was 65 and Nash, who is 5 was 80! Man the Wii doesn't hold back, does it? I's be scared to see how old I would be! Yikes!

You may not hear much from me tomorrow, I am going to really concentrate on getting some projects done, that is if time and kids allow! Wish me luck, I will let you know how that worked out for me!

Good night my lovely blog family!
xoxo~Meg

P.S. Welcome to my blog family Sandy!

Post #45

8 comments:

  1. Those are great flea market finds! Awesome! Is that black owl a trivet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie too, saw it last week. Inspiring...
    Love those owl too, making a collection?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw that movie a few days ago, hilarious!

    and oh my you found some GREAT stuff there! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristie~Yes, it is a trivet!

    Sophie~It may be a start of a collection, I am not sure what it is about owl that make me smile!

    Stina~I know, I think that I laughed more than my kids did at the movie!

    Have a great day ladies!!

    xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my i LOVE your loot!! Those yarns and buttons are gorgoeus!! So happy you get to go out and have "mommy time"! I too found some lovely vintage buttons while doing a little shopping on my bday! How fun! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your finds are lovely!! The skeleton key and owls are so great!!!! I haven't seen Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs yet, but loved the book when I was little so perhaps I will rent it today!! And thank you for the welcome to your blog, I am glad to be reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very cool! love owls!! and that key is pretty great too.... something magic about keys, i think,
    can't wait to see how your projects turn out! have a productive day:O)
    (and i think i'm gonna get that movie now.... SNL... this should be good)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally, I don't feel pain in the joints but still scared to do anything. Typing on the computer or using the mouse also I'm a bit scared. Just for the next ten/fifteen minutes.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg