Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!


Now I am not going to sit here and tell you that I do all that I can to help save our planet, that would be a lie! I haven't recycled, reused, restored or replenished the way that I should...I have a collection of those reusable shopping bags that are used for toting around clothes, toys and sometimes games for the kids, I know that I need to use them the correct way...I know this! 


Now that I have children, "saving the planet" has a whole new meaning...I think about what the Earth or even what our home town will look like when they have children of their own...and honestly, it doesn't look too pretty! My oldest, Ragan, is our own little "GREEN MACHINE" she reminds me that we need to recycle, reuse, restore and replenish, if not for the Earth than for her and her brother and sister! She amazes me everyday with the ideas that she has to help "save" the planet, I have found a pile of plastic water bottles in her room and when I went to throw them away, (because I think she is being lazy), she stops me and says, "I am going to recycle these Mom!" I guess people my age where not really taught to "save the planet" it's amazing what our children can teach us if we just listen to them!

So, we are now recycling, we use our well water that is replenished by the rain to water our plants, I will try to start using those handy canvas shopping bags for their original purpose...I am NOT perfect, but I want the planet to be for my children and my grandchildren!


So today, all I can do is try to do my best at helping save the planet and if that's all any of us can do than hey, it's a start!


This picture reminds me of the Jimmy Dean Breakfast commercial, it's one of my favorites...sorry, I had to post it!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Today is also Brighten Your Day Thursday and today's challenge from the beautiful Jamie is to compliment a stranger, each and every place you go! Well, since I really don't go anywhere I will compliment all of YOU!

To my readers:
You are ALL wonderful, amazing, beautiful, talented people! It is a privilege to write on this blog for you all to read and hopefully enjoy reading! Thanks for being awesome!
Love,
Me

I also told Jamie that I could stand on my front porch and yell compliments at the passing cars!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention...

I'm a Indie Biz 2.0 graduate!
I am so thankful to these 3 amazing teachers, you guys rock! I am also thankful that they will have to class blog up for a year so that I can go back when I need to, and I am sure that I will!

Have a wonderful Earth Day! 
And compliment a stranger today, even if you have to stand on your front porch and yell at passing cars! (o:

xoxo~Meg 


9 comments:

  1. LOL, I love you!!!! This is so great!!! I love the part about finding bottles in your daughter's room and thinking she was being lazy, lol. That would so be me!!!! Hope you have a beautiful day!!! I think that YOU are beautiful, inspiring and amazing!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Earth day too you too Meg!!! You are too funny, I could totally see you yelling at passing cars :)
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Earth Day! I want that ice cream cone! It looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post! Happy earth day sweet friend! Congrats on being a graduate! Yipee! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I came from Freckled Nest but I was in the IndieBiz class too. Your shop is cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the world was filled with more people like you it would not be in the shape it is in! Even though you admitt that you are not the greenist person, (neither am i honetly) you realize there needs to be a change for future generations. What we do today will effect not only us in the future but the future generations of our familys!

    btw i really like the ice cream cone that looks like the earth....that is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg