Thursday, April 15, 2010

BYDT Challenge {Operation Beautiful}

Hello Beautiful!


Every Thursday over at Jamie's blog she gives a challenge to brighten someone's day, this week she challenged all of us to visit a few different sites to get involved in, I chose Operation Beautiful! This challenge couldn't have come at a better time for me...I have always had a very negative self image, I think that I am overweight, that I'm not pretty, that I could always look better than what I do, that my body is...well, disgusting!

I am not trying to fish for compliments by posting this, I am just trying to express how I am feeling (and I know that I am not the only one who feels this way). Recently I had someone very close to me make me feel just awful, someone who is supposed to think you are perfect no matter what, someone whom I admire and who I call my hero! It hurt my feelings more than words can express.

When I read what the Operation Beautiful mission was, I had to join this "fight"...


The Mission

The goal of the Operation Beautiful website is to end negative self-talk or “Fat Talk.”  If this little blog only does one productive thing, I hope it helps readers realize how truly toxic negative self-talk is  — it hurts you emotionally, spiritually, and physically. 
 Through my own experiences fighting Fat Talk, I’ve realized the power behind an anonymous act such as Operation Beautiful.  When I post a note, I’m saying, “I CHOOSE to be positive!”
It starts with a simple post-it note for someone else to see...someone like ME, someone like YOU!! We can all make a difference in someone's life, you never know...somebody could find that note at just the right time in their lives, that somebody could have been at the end of their rope...and YOU helped them!!!

CHOOSE to be positive today and everyday, make a difference in someone's life, even if that someone is YOU! 
Thank you Jamie, your blog post was my much needed note on the mirror!
xoxo~Meg



9 comments:

  1. I love this, Meg! & I love you!!! Just the way you are. You are SUCH a wonderful friend and beautiful person with a heart of gold! You're beautiful! & Awesome! & Amazing!!! (and I'm not just saying that!!!) ;) Love you!!! xoxo
    Have a beautiful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't the world be a better place, if we all could think like this. Love you Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are awesome! i love jamies challenges (and blog) too!
    yay for awesome gals like yall! :)
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful :) if you post any notes up, please email them to me!

    caitlin
    operationbeautiful.com
    seebriderun at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is great! I think we all have those bad thoughts about ourselves I know I do and I think we all should support each other!

    hugs

    Carrie

    I think you are beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU are Beautiful and I love you!!! You are awesome for posting this and everyone should take the time to find something beautiful about themselves!!love love!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who made you feel bad?? Whose ass do I need to kick? JK. You know I love you and you are beautiful!!!! I am very thankful for our friendship and our phone conversations! I am blessed by you. Don't let anyone make you feel bad. Ever. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing! You are beautiful! You are kind!! You are thoughtful! You are a wonderful mother!! You are a wonderful wife! You are an incredible friend! You are an incredible woman!!
    :)
    Lots of love to you! I am so proud of you for putting this all out there! And I am forever grateful that we "met" and are now friends!
    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg