Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Must Confess

Here are the adorable gifts I purchased on Etsy the other day!


This are some of the things that have been on my mind lately... I have been talking allot to my husband about needing to get a hobby, don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my little girl, but I am not used to being a stay at home mom, I have worked since I was 15 years old and have always had something else to occupy my down time. I would love to learn how to knit, crochet, embroider anything crafty, but unfortunately I am not as talented as some of the ladies that I peek at from time to time. When I was a little girl I loved to do crafts, I was up to my eyeballs in pom poms, loomed looms, googly eyes, ceramics and I even dabbled a bit with wood burning and painting! My mom would always by the latest kit that I wanted, but I never finished what I started, I want to start again and finish! I have been shopping on my favorite site Etsy, looking at all of the talent that is featured everyday on there and I think to myself....I can do that, I might not be as good as any of those gifted individuals that are blessed enough to make something that someone like me would love to own, but I think that I could try all the same! I have decided to only buy my new little one things from the Esty site, things within reason of course, she will still be wearing Pampers and things like that. But I just want her to have things that I know were made with love, from women and men that care about what your children play with,put in their mouths and so on.
My first purchase on Etsy was from a shop called Bumblebird, I just fell in love with all of her creations I bought more than one, and I asked her if she could make some special ones that I found that had already been sold. She has the cutest ideas for her plush animals and dolls! I would love to be able to make my children their own toys or clothes, just more motivation and inspiration for me!!! So today I make a pledge, to only buy handmade toys and gifts for my children and to learn how to create as well as those I love to look at on the blogs I read and the shops that I shop at! So, here I go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg