Thursday, December 31, 2009

Scarf #2

I finished scarf #2, I stayed up late(for me anyway)tonight so that I could have it done before the end of this year, my goal was the end of the week, so bonus points for me! I made this one for myself, it's my birthday present, I just get to have it a little early!

Happy Birthday to ME...





After the new year I am starting on my mom's scarf, I hope to have hers finished quicker than I had mine finished, my scarf took a little longer than I wanted it to...
4 month old baby + knitting = SLOW PROGRESS!!
This is the yarn I am using for mom's scarf, it is such a pretty color yellow(it's hard to tell in this picture), and the texture of it is just so soft and snuggley!



Ragan did some crafting tonight too...




She got a Weaving Loom for Christmas and she is making pot holders for the whole family. She had a little trouble finishing it off, but it is still beautiful!!!

Have a great New Year's Eve and be safe! 2010 is just around the corner reminding me of all the goals that I want to reach...

xoxo~Meg

3 comments:

  1. that looks great!! i'm jealous, i always start knitting projects and never finish... the first time i picked a really difficult yarn and couldn't make my hold/execution consistent so i was discouraged. i think i've been inspired to try try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The first yarn I used on my first scarf was allot harder than this one, it had silk in it and it was really hard to keep ahold of so I would drop stitches all the time. This yarn is a dream, it is called Araucania Nature Wool Chunky and I had NO problems with it!!! I am happy to know that I actually inspired someone, it's nice to be on the other end of that situation!! Have a wonderful New Year!
    xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love to see your new scarf, or any handmade, why?

    I don't know, I guess it's priceless to me, for I have been away from home for a few years, and my mom's handmade is the only cure for my homesick.

    Ragan is so neat, she certainly gifted with that. But can I give a suggestion on that? if I have that on my hand, I would sew some simple and colourful button to the side of it then it would be the cutest in the world.

    Have a great New Year to you too!

    love and hugs,

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg