Today I was inspired to write down my goals for 2010, the amazing lady behind my inspiration goes by the name Christina, from one of my favorite blogs, The Sometimes Crafter. She made a very good point, don't make New Year's resolutions, you are likely to break those, instead make goals or just a list that you can cross off as you achieve something that is on it. "If you don’t succeed 100% in everything, that is okay, at least you know that you set some “goals” for yourself for the coming year."
Well, here is what I have come up with, I did write them down on a piece of paper for myself to look at everyday, but if I share them with you then maybe you can help me achieve my goals and cross them off my list!
2010 Goals(Personal and Creative):
1~Be a better Christian, HE did create and die for me, the least I can do for HIM is attend church every Sunday with no excuses!
2~Be more patient with my children, they are only little once and as long as they aren't doing anything immoral or illegal then I should just take in all of their unique personalities!
3~Have more confidence in myself, physically, emotionally and creatively.
4~Finish what I start and don't get discouraged.
5~Don't let new things intimidate me, I will always be bigger than what it is that I am doing.
6~Learn different knitting styles, Pearl stitch, Cable, etc... make something other than a scarf, maybe an afghan!
7~Continue using my sewing machine at least twice a week, even if I am just practicing.
8~Buy or make only handmade gifts for me, my family and friends, I found out they mean a little more to the person that you gave it to!
9~Lose my baby weight, even though I still need to lose some of my "baby" weight from when I had Nash(5 years ago)!
10~Be able to confidently change the name of my blog subtitle to "The Adventures of a Crafty Mom"!
11~Create something so well that I can feel confident opening my own Etsy Shop!!! <<<-----This one would be awesome!!!
Well there they are, no changing them now! Thanks to all of you in blogland that has helped encourage me to do some of these things and your continued support as I get to cross them off my list! 2010, here I come!
xoxo~Meg
Yay for goals! My list is slowly forming. I like it better than writing resolutions; the only resolution I actually completed in 2009 was opening my Etsy shop! Plus, it's nice to cross things off. Good luck with your goals, Meg! ;)
ReplyDelete{ Jacky }
I love your list Meg!
ReplyDeleteand you are well on your way as a crafty mama!
Wishing you and you and your family a very happy new year!
Good luck!!! I have faith that you can accomplish every single one! Happy 2010!
ReplyDeletexo Katie
These are some great goal to set. thank you for sharing! I feel you a whole lot on #2.
ReplyDelete