It is strange how we can take people for granted...our jobs, hobbies, life styles can take priority over what is most important. Only in times of sickness or sadness do we realize what we have done...it can be a real eye opener to some and to others it is just an excuse to ignore what is right in front of them. I admit I am guilty, I have been bull headed and selfish, I have taken for granted some of the people in my life! I guess we think, that there is always tomorrow, that we can just say "Hey, sorry about all that!" and it will make it all better...sorry, but that's not how the "real world" works in my opinion.
I have had an eye opening experience this week, I have sat by the bedside of a dying woman and listened to HER say "I am sorry if I have ever made YOU mad."... I have listened to her say her goodbyes to friends and family...I have listened to her ask people to pray for her to die...I have seen someone with a undying faith in God...I have had the privilege of sitting beside a woman with no doubts, a woman who I always thought of as selfish be selfless...a woman who I have always thought of as being weak, be stronger than I have ever been and probably will ever be and even though it was sad, it was so amazing!
Earlier this week I had the honor of participating in a blog post of Lindsay's about "Kindness", this is what I wrote...
"Right now Kindness to me means...sweet words in the time of sadness, opening a door for a stranger and not expecting a thank you, talking to a someone even if they don't know that you are there, letting go of someone you love for the sake of their happiness and so they don't feel anymore pain!" -Meg Cantrell
xoxo~Meg


very nicely put! i had somewhat of the same thing happen to me this week!
ReplyDeleteenjoy your weekend and happy saturday! :)
www.justcherishtoday.com
This is beautifully written, Meg! Big hugs to you! Love YOU!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, emotional post :) xo
ReplyDeleteLike I said in the text yesterday, I am still praying for you. I love you!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful and moving post, thinking of you xxx
ReplyDeleteso true... lovely post. Have a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteAll soooooo true! Love this post~ I can always, always use a reminder like this!
ReplyDeletexoxo!!
I love you Meg, it is a real eye-opener and makes me appreciate people around me so much more. You are so amazing and I am so blesssed to have you as a friend. Lots of hugs to you.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Lindsay