Saturday, February 20, 2010

Flea Market Finds...

Today Gabe and I went to a flea market just South of where we live, it was one of those that you see along the highway, but aren't ever brave enough to explore when you are by yourself, you know the kind I am talking about! Well, since I had Gabe with me we thought that we would give it a try, here is what I came home with...
I saw this jar full of what I thought were vintage buttons, so of course I grabbed them, but when we got home to look at them we discovered that it was a jar full of vintage cufflinks! There was even a neat little owl cufflink sitting right at the top just waiting for me to discover it!



I found me a few new owls to add to my growing collection!
The one on the left looks grumpy, I love it!


Then I came across this adorable little cupidoll just relaxing on a shelf...I had to get her, she reminds me of "the toots"!

All of these little treasures cost me $10.00 total!

So when you are driving down the highway and see that flea market that you have always wanted to explore but were too frightened of what you may find...I say go ahead, it could be worth it!

Have a wonderful Saturday evening everyone!

xoxo~Meg

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow what great finds! I love the owls, I'm just starting to collect them though! That doll is too cute!!

    xoxo,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog layout!! Blue wood grain is so cute! Speaking of wood grain, some of the pink wood grain fabric I ordered for us came in today!! YAY!!! Along with some panda stuff... woohooo! I love all your cute finds!!!!
    xoxo,
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..your collection of the owl is so lovely..I love the grumpy as well.
    I love vintage button but those vintage cufflinks is so fine too, you are so lucky!
    About the new look:
    The new Header is so fine, ^-^ I love the white background, seems comfortable in reading.
    Good luck in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove your owls that you found!!! Great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I love the grumpy owl, he makes me laugh! You found some great stuff, I wish we had fun places around here like that, maybe I just need to explore more! I hope you get your package soon, I am anxious, I hope you love it!! <3 Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scary flea markets usually have the best treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the owls!! I really want to collect stuff like that but I never know how to display them that doesn't just look like clutter! I stink at home decor haha! It's always so tempting to buy them when I find them though! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Ten bucks! Don't you just love a great deal?! It just makes your great finds even better!

    I'm really loving the owls...I'm obsessed with owls right now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you for serious about coming to SF????? OMG that would be the most amazing thing ever seriousy!! YOU HAVE TOO!!!! it would be so much fun!!!! It will be my second tattoo, just not sure where to put it yet. I'll e-mail you a pic I like of it :)
    xoxo,
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  10. your blog layout is adorable! i really like your blog.. you are so creative!! :)
    love, amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds Meg. I love your new blog layout! Hope you have had a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did pretty well for only $10. And yes, I know exactly what you mean about not going in by yourself. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so so cute I love the owls of course :D

    Great finds

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Perusing your blog...just found it! I am also a Missouri girl, live a little north of you in Raymore. Your blog is super cute!


    Ali

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg