My mom came over the other day wanting to do some online Christmas browsing for the kids, she said that she had watched some morning show and it had listed the 20 Hot Toys for Christmas 2010 to give us some ideas!
Of course, like the Tickle Me Elmos, Wii Gaming Systems, and let's not forget the elusive Zhu Zhu Pets from last year, this years hard to find, impossible to purchase without paying more than it's worth toy is called the Sing-A-Ma-Jig...
Creepy little things aren't they?
Basically they are supposed to chatter, sing a song or harmonize with each other (so of course you need more than one to get the full effect)! Well, Izzy loves music and when I saw these strange looking creatures I was on the hunt for them...we searched every online store we could think to have them...out of stock at Wal-Mart, Target, Toys-R-Us, KMart, even the Mattel website didn't have any for sale. Of course, if I wanted to pay anywhere from $22 - $89 for something that is priced at $12.99 I could have all of them, but I am just not going to do that, not even for my little Toots!
I am sure you are wondering why I just don't grab my coat and head out the door in search for one hiding behind the dog food at the closest shopping center? Well, the closest Wal-Mart is about 12 miles away and I think that is the smallest, most understocked Wal-Mart in existence, so I didn't want to waste my gas. My mom and I are very determined people when it comes to finding something that we have our hearts set on for the kids, so on her way home she stopped at this particular Wal-Mart and low in behold she found ALL OF THEM! So, really long story short, come Christmas time Izzy will be the proud owner of 3 Sing-A-Ma-Jigs, the pink, blue and yellow one, that didn't cost $50 more than they are worth! Thanks mom, you are the best!
So, if you are out and about and happen to find these creepy little singing creatures, buy a few...you could make some extra money this holiday season on Ebay! HA!
Have a super Thursday!
xoxo~Meg

lol wow, I never understood the craziness of all the toys. Glad you didnt pay a fortune though, that would have sucked! I remember the Furby, only bc my parents went crazy buying all they could! I love that you are ne determined momma though :)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Lindsay
I saw them on tv the other and was blown away. They said they are out of stock and going to have 12 different ones by January.
ReplyDeleteMY MOM JUST BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE FOR MY DAUGHTER. A PINK ONE. WE SAW THEM AT TARGET AND THEY WERE SO CREEPY AND STRANGE THAT WE JUST COULD NOT TEAR OURSELVES AWAY FROM PLAYING WITH THEM. IT WAS AROUND $12 I THINK.
ReplyDeletewhat in the world!? those things are super creepy. if i have nightmares i'm blaming you haha
ReplyDelete