Monday, September 20, 2010

It Was Still a Great Weekend...

Hello Lovely Blog Readers!
Bare with me, this is a long one...

Saturday morning Gabe and I got up and left for our weekend getaway to St. Louis, our plan was to leave at 8:00, but for those of you who have children you know how hard to keep plans and schedules! So, we got a later start than we expected,  but the drive was nice...we stopped in Columbia (a college town) for a bite to eat, we were using our GPS to map out where to go, I suggested we try Noodles & CO Restaurant, not realizing it was game day and long story short...we didn't eat at Noodles & CO, as a matter of fact we didn't eat in Columbia at all. Instead we drove a few miles away and ate at a Denny's...the food was awful, the service was well, interesting to say the least, but we were hungry.

We finally arrived in St. Louis around 2:30 and ran right into baseball/football game traffic...so it took us 35 minutes to go a quarter mile, good times! When we got to our hotel all I wanted to do was check in and freshen up before we met up with Jamie, Janel and the other girls who came in town for the Blogger Bash, then Gabe and I had dinner reservations at 6:45. We went to check in and the man at the front desk told us that our room wasn't ready and that it could be another hour before it was, what a shocker! Gabe and I were so excited that we got such a good parking spot in the garage we didn't want to leave, so we hung out in the lobby until 4:00. We were entertained by a group of men there for, what I assumed was a Bachelor party, they quickly made friends with Gabe and I just sat back and giggled. He went back up to check in after sitting there for an hour and the guy tried to tell us that it was going to be 5:00 or so before we could get into our room because house keeping hadn't put towels in there yet...Who cares about the towels, just give us the key and let us check in people! We got into our hotel room and honestly, it was worth the wait...it was huge and had a great view of the St. Louis Arch from our window! After we took time to wind down a little, we got ready for our dinner plans...I actually felt good in my new outfit, the shoes were more comfortable when I wasn't walking though...they were very high heeled and we got turned around walking to the restaurant, so we walked about a mile more than we needed to, by the time we got to there my feet were so sore, the price you pay for looking pretty! Our dinner was amazing, the dessert was yummy and the service was perfect. Jamie sent me a text letting me know that they were at the City Museum a few blocks away, so we went back to the room so I could change my shoes and headed that way, her mobile phone went dead, so she didn't get my text letting her know that we were coming...long story short, we never met up with the girls! )o; The really crappy part was that we were only 5 minutes away from them...maybe next time!

Dispite the traffic jams, bad food, late check in, swollen feet, drunk bachelors, dead mobile phones, bad timing and pouring down rain...we had a great time and I am so happy we went, it was so nice just being us, as a couple, no kids fighting, no bed times, no alarms to wake us up...but we missed the kids and we were happy to get home!

Have a great Monday everyone!

xoxo~Meg

5 comments:

  1. that sucks you didnt get to meet up with them but it sounds like you had a great time anyway. vacations are so fun! and ew for game traffic! thats one downside to living in a college town. every weekend there's like 3 hours where you shouldnt drive in any direction haha. i'm glad you had a good getaway! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I'm sorry it didn't work out but I hope you and Gabe still enjoyed each other!!!! I'm sorry about my phone. I love technology but it sure can be aggravating. I didn't know you were that close!!! I didn't think you guys were coming that way since you said you didn't want to pay for it. It was fun but it was soooooo hot and loud in there and there were kids EVERYWHERE. ha! I'm glad you had a great hotel room! It sucks about yesterday too. I don't think anything for this weekend turned out as planned. ha! Hope you get some rest and have a great Monday!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg, sorry you didn't get to meet up with your friends but really glad you and Gabe had a great time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! At least it was an interesting weekende right?!
    I totally wanted to go and meet up with all the girls but I just couldn't spend that kind of money right now. Hopefully next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like my entire week was like that last week. Glad that you made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg