Monday, August 2, 2010

She's HOME...



Yesterday evening at 6:55 my Grandmother was welcomed HOME by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, my Grandfather and my Brother. The last few days of her life we weren't sure why or how she was hanging on...we made so many excuses, "Maybe she needs a certain Bible passage read to her."..."Maybe she is just being stubborn."..."Maybe we missed someone when she was saying her goodbyes."...It's hard sometimes to realize that we have no control and quite frankly, neither do they when it is time for someone to go, it's not up to us! The conclusion we came to after she passed was this...her room just wasn't ready up there...

Of course we are sad, but when I called my Mother right after she passed, I assumed she would be a mess, but she sounded so calm, I asked her how she was doing and she said "I am just so happy, she has no more pain, no more suffering, she's finally HOME!" 

So on Thursday, August 5th, we will lay my Grandmother to rest beside the love of her life! One of the last things my Grandmother asked of me clearly was to read this Bible verse to her...


But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Not only is she running and walking...but she is dancing!

It was an honor being by your side this past week Grandma, and you are right...if it wasn't for YOU none of this would be possible...I love you (more) and I will see you later! 




xoxo~Meg

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post my friend! Let's rejoice with her and praise Him for relinquishing her from the pain she has been in for some time.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and you can lean on me if you need me. Lifting you up sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously so beautiful Meg.
    I'm sorry for your loss but am so glad to hear you & your family are taking it well & your grandma is happy & pain-free up in heaven...
    My thoughts are with you.
    xo, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really proud of you for viewing the passing of your grandma this way. I'm sure she's happy with the Lord right now. God Bless. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!!! What a great Bible verse to remember too! My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family! Much love to you & big hugs! Love you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful post Meg, sending you and your family lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you Meg!!!
    Sending big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest sweet meg, this is such a lovely lovely post and it made me a little misty. I am so sorry for your lost but i am so happy to know that you and your family is taking it well! Sending you lots of love and prayers! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Meg. She is in a much better place. Losing someone close is always so hard. Im here for you. Love you dearly!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Megan, you and I have been through a few tough times together. I have drawn strength from you in many tough times for me. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Stay strong, we know where "Grandma" :) is and we will see her and the others that have went before some day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying for your family in this time of joy & yet of transition- i'm sure you will miss her painfully.
    <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg