Monday, August 16, 2010

The Living Room...



Janel from Run With Scissors thought of a cute idea for all of us to tour each others homes through our blogs, here is how it is going to work...One week, One room per day...today's room is the living room...


We live in an old house, built in the early 1900's...it is a Craftsman Style Home so it has a lot of ornate woodwork that we were lucky enough to have still untouched by previous owners!



These next few photos are actually of the dining room, but we use it as an overflow to the living room...



This is my favorite corner of our home, full of vintage goodies and green plants...love it!

When people come to our home for the first time the word to describe it is usually "Eclectic"...agreed, I am lucky enough to have the same decorating taste as my husband...we both loved vintage and retro things and it shows in our home!

Thanks for taking this home tour with me...tomorrow we will be touring the kitchen, I guess I should get to scrubbing huh?!?

                                                                                                                                       

I had to show you this photo I took last night...poor Toots, she is so allergic to bug bites and this one popped up yesterday afternoon...she just got rid of one on her other eye last week!
But she's still pretty darn cute!


xoxo~Meg

7 comments:

  1. Wow, your home is amazing!!! I love the woodwork and the windows so much!! I have always wanted to live in an older home because they have such character!!! Also, that wooden hutch in view 5 is breath taking. love it want to marry it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the little details! The hutch is absolutely gorgeous...I adore those fans on top! Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo,
    jenny-lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow look at those windows I love it! Everything is super cute :)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say the hutch caught my eye as well!
    What a lovely home. You are so lucky your woodwork is intact.
    Can't wait to see more!

    Come visit my living room if you get the chance:
    http://craftsparklepop.blogspot.com/2010/08/great-blog-home-tour-living-room.html

    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I love the color of your dining room! The black trim really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your living room rug and the colour of your dining room is amazing! I cant wait to have my own home to paint with beautiful colours!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Love Meeks xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I missed this post! Very cool to see your living room. I should play along, too! I recognize that Home Interiors tree picture. I love the armoire and the windows. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg