Hello my beautiful blog readers...how is your hump day going so far? Here in good ol' Missouri it's snowing...again and that means another snow day for my kiddos! It's a good thing we haven't already made Summer vacation plans...it looks like they may be making up these lost days until June!
Yesterday my husband and I took Izzy for her 18 month check up...all is well with the Toots, she's healthy, happy and...a genius (I added that part)! After the doctor we did a little thrifting and I found a pair of knee high boots for $3.00, some pretty doilies and Gabe found a vintage 1980 Star Wars vinyl record...he was pretty pumped...
The boots are just a teeny bit tight, but if I don't wear heavy socks they will be just fine and for three bucks, I'll deal with the pain!
I am going to use these to make a wall hanging like the one the Lisa from goodknits.com made using yarn and an embroidery hoop...you can see hers HERE, it's such a clever idea!
Here is Gabes pride and joy of yesterday (besides Izzy of course) and yes that is a stuffed ET sitting next to it, it was mine when I was little...he's looking a little rough!
This morning while watching the snow fall I noticed we had a lot more birds than we normally do on our front porch...
BIRDS!
Alfred Hitchcock has nothing on me!
I also captured a photo of a Blue Jay, which is hard because they don't come around too often...
and these love birds swinging on the porch swing...
I think she's playing hard to get!
I sent Ragan out to get the mail and was so surprised to already find my custom camera bag strap I ordered from Eclectic Whatnot...
Doesn't it go perfectly with my camera bag...I love it, love it, love it!
Ruthanne, the talented lady behind Eclectic Whatnot creates the prettiest, ruffled camera strap sleeves as well as skirts, aprons and now these beauties...
Which I love, love, love! Her shop is a must see, must purchase kind of shop...and her blog is pretty awesome as well, full of beautiful photos and inspiration...pop on in and say hello HERE!
Well, my office is cold and I think I may need another cup of coffee to warm up so I am going to wrap up this post...see you later lovelies!
xoxo~Meg








Those boots are gorgeous! And, believe me, for beauty I can take some pain...hahaha!
ReplyDeleteWow - your porch is filled with birds - awesome! I love watching birds!
I love the boots and I love that you still have you ET doll!!!
ReplyDeleteStay warm
Carrie
Ooooh. I love the way it looks with your bag!
ReplyDeleteI want that bag. I do. I really, really do.
Isn't all this snow crazy!?
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of the cardinals on the swing. That should be in a calendar! :)
Wonderful finds Meg! I still have my E.T too :) Have a wonderful day xxx
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THOSE BOOTS!!! i'd totally suffer to wear those! haha :) and omg those pics of the birds are gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteDearest sweet meg, im so happy to be back after my chinese new year holiday. Looks like you had such a wonderful day. So happy to know that Izzy's check-up went well and that boots is awesome! OHHHH i love your camera bag and sweet Ruthanne's camera bag strap! Gorgaous!! And those birds photos are just amazing! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!
ReplyDelete