Last night my children, Ragan and Nash, accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and asked Him to come into their hearts forever...it was the proudest moment of my life!
Last week my son came to Gabe and I and told us the he wanted to be Baptized...we asked him if he knew what that meant and without hesitation he said "It's when I show everyone how much I love Jesus!" His sister quickly followed in his footsteps and told us that she has wanted to for years, but just forgot to tell me...I guess all that matters is that she did! So last night after church we sat down with the Sunday school teacher and talked and prayed about their decision...we wanted to make sure that they know why we get Baptized and that it's not a "get in to Heaven free" card...that there are rules to follow! I told them that when I was a little girl I saw my sister get Baptized, when they submerged her in to water it scared me to death...so I didn't want to get Baptized, but I still wanted Jesus Christ to come into my heart...so my Grandmother prayed with me and we asked Him to come into my heart and that's when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior! It was 20 years later I finally "took the plunge" and was Baptized at the age of 27! I told them this story because I wanted my children to make this decision in their own time, not the feel pressure from myself or the church...well, they have made up their minds and in a couple of months they will be "taking the plunge" as well! I told them that this was the most important desision they will ever make...that nobody can ever take that moment away from them...and in these times, that's a pretty awesome feeling!
I hope everyone has a lovely day!
xoxo~Meg

YAY! I loved reading this!! So awesome & such a happy time for your family :)
ReplyDeleteLove it! Awesome post!
ReplyDeletethis is great to read. truly hope the Lord bless your children. :)
ReplyDeleteWow thats amazing. I've been a Christian since I was a child.. I've been meaning to get baptized for quite a while now (I'm almost 26) we hadn't been regulars at a particular chuch but since moving & now starting at a new Church I kind of feel like I actually belong to a Church so I guess I should look into taking the plunge myself. Thanks for sharing you & your childrens story, its a good reminder to me!!
ReplyDeletexo Katie of Sweet Rustic