Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Break Woes...

Hello!

Well let's see...it's day 3 of summer break and Nash has already been grounded from watching television and playing video games for a week! Tuesday evening I asked Nash where his Nintendo DS was so that I could put it on charger, he couldn't find it anywhere, so the search was on...we tore his bedroom apart looking for it, I searched upstairs, downstairs, outside, I even looked in the refrigerator (hey, I have found some strange things in there) and it was no where to be found! I will be the first to admit, when it comes to my children and their belongings, the control freak in me comes out in full force...so I went ballistic and "yelled" the first punishment that came to mind..."NO television or video games of any kind until the DS is found, even if it takes the whole summer!!!" As I was "yelling" this punishment, I was thinking to myself, "This is going to be more of a punishment for me than him!, what is he going to do for the 19 hour car trip to South Carolina...look out the window?" 

The next morning Nash woke up and already started asking if he could watch t.v., so once again I explained to him that he couldn't until he found his DS...he then said "Your just being a bully!" I said, "No Nash, I am being a mom, we have the right to be bullies!" I had to work yesterday, so Ragan and Nash spent the day with their dad, as we were getting in the van I noticed a shiny blue rectangle sitting in a mud puddle (it had rained all night), guess what it was? Yes, Nash's Nintendo DS!! It still worked, thank goodness, but long story short...Nash is still grounded from t.v. and video games for a week! 

Remember this cat?


Well, if you are a new reader than you may not recall Steve, he is my husband's cat that he has had for over 12 years...he is also known as my nemesis! We have never really gotten along...we have different views on things, like he thinks it's okay to pee in the kitchen and I don't! Well Steve may be on his last leg, literally...I noticed that he hadn't been meowing all day and so I went down to the basement to check on him and I found him up in the rafters, when I tried to pick him up he got really mad at me and I noticed he was holding his back leg like it hurt...even though Steve and I don't see eye to eye, I still felt bad that he couldn't get down, so I picked him up and carried him over to his food and water bowls...he acted like he hadn't eaten for days! Gabe and I have been checking on him off and on and last night he acted like he wanted to go outside, so we let him out...this cat has to be The Highlander, I don't think he will ever die...he started a fight with the neighbor cat, bad leg and all! Steve...he's still kickin'!

 
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Besides all of these Summer woes, I have been pretty lucky in the blog world...I have won 2 amazing giveaway's!

I won Mandy 's (aka: Miss Indie) 100 favorite things giveaway last week...me and 3 other lucky ladies will each receive 25 goodies from her stash of her 100 favorite things, I can't wait to see what my 25 things are!!


Then yesterday I found out that I was one of the winners in the My Owl Barn Souvenir Giveaway...I won the 2nd prize which was a set of owl salt & pepper shakers and a cute owl magnet from Thailand!! 


x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Plus I am signing Ragan and Nash up for Junior Happy Mail...I think this is a fantastic idea! They are so excited and as I write this post they are talking about what they are going to write to their pen pals! 
Thank you Jamie for thinking of this! If you have a child between the ages of 5 and 16 and think this sounds like something your child would be interested in, you must sign up for Happy Mail first and then sign your child up for Junior Happy Mail...here

Wow, this was a really long post! 

Let's hope that today won't be in the same category as the past couple of days! 

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!!

xoxo~Meg


5 comments:

  1. Good lord! Sounds like you've had a colorful first week with the kids home! Good times! I can't believe you haven't gotten that giveaway package yet. When my giveaway ends on Sunday. I am mailing it out the next day. Just seems like the right thing to do. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! We are SO ALIKE! We always use the video games as punishment too because it's the only thing they seem to care about! Then I think "OH no! What have I done???" haha!

    Lucky giveaway winner!!! That's awesome!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!!! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you won those 2 great giveaways?? Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great wins! I can't believe the DS still worked!

    hugs

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meg, What fantastic Giveaway prices! I think junior happy mail is a fantastic idea. Have a lovely evening xxx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg