Friday, May 28, 2010

Rest In Piece Steve...

This morning we all took Steve to the vet to have him look at his leg that was hurt...we found out that it was broken, plus his heart was enlarged, his kidney's were on the brink of failing and he was anemic...Gabe made the hard decision to have Steve put to sleep. Steve lead a good life, he was a fighter right to the end, but Gabe did not want to see him suffer and wanted Steve to die with dignity. So we all said goodbye to Steve this morning and buried him under our Red Bud Tree in the backyard.



As much as I hate to admit it...I am going to miss you!

xoxo~Meg

7 comments:

  1. awwww Meg, I know losing a pet must be hard. Lots of hugs sent your way!!! Love you!!!!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that Meg~ We just had to put our beautiful little boxer Lucy down on May 5th and it was heartbreaking. She was such a joy~ I know Steve will be missed.
    xoxox~
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this. I share your pain, my cat Tucker recently died and I've been heartbroken. I was only just able to blog about him last night. I know it was a hard decision but I'm glad Steve didn't have to suffer. He's at peace.

    xo,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the loss of Steve! At least he is in kitty heaven and isn't hurting anymore! Poor Gabe! Did you get the yard mowed? I swear you are superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I'm so sad for you! That is really awful. At least Steve is not in pain anymore and you can remember all the fun you guys had!

    Take care!

    Aimee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one of the reason why I no longer have pets. Another thing is that I have too many little people that may get asthma (the eldest just diagnosed with it when his father brought in a hamster in their living room).

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg