Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Rebirth and Renewal...

"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life." Titus 3:5-7

I love this verse, it reminds us that through Christ we CAN change...change the bad feelings, what we see in the mirror, how others see us, and the fear we experienced before He came into our lives. This verse is very humbling, it shows that I was never meant to be in control, that I've always needed Him to take the wheel. Letting Him have the wheel of my life is hard...I can't even let my husband drive around the block, I always have to be behind the wheel, have control of a situation. I should just quit trying to take control, I need to let God do what He is best at...being GOD! Jesus is hope and grace personified, He is the light & the way, don't turn your back on Him. He has a plan for everyone, we just need to have patience.
 
 
Like I had mentioned in my previous post, God will always test me, test my faith and trust in Him and what He is doing in my life, testing the patience that I continue to pray for. Yesterday, Ragan, my oldest, was having trouble with her homework...she didn't want to do it, she said she just didn't know what to write down, she couldn't find the answers. I asked her to try, and I would help her as much as I could. She wouldn't have any part of that, and tears and yelling soon followed. I had to walk away, I could feel my heart starting to race and my blood starting to boil, I was being tested again...After collecting myself I went back in to her room, asked her to stand up and gave her a hug, then I told her how smart she was, that doubting herself is just the enemy telling her she can't do it, that she needed to calm down, take a deep breath and go over the homework again. She listened, there was no arguing, no more tears and yelling...I passed.
 
I am making a conscious decision to change my life, change how I react to certain situations, what I eat, what I teach my children...I am doing all of these things with His help and guidance, I believe that is the only way I will be able to follow thorough and achieve the "goals" I've set for myself.
 
Dear Past, Thanks for the lessons. Dear Future, I'm ready! Dear God, Thank You for giving me so many chances to make things right. Amen!
 
 
"Without God it is utterly impossible. But with God everything is possible." Mark 10:27
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg