Saturday, January 25, 2014
A Raging Battle...
"My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:2
As I mentioned in previous posts, I am currently doing an online bible study called "Made to Crave" based off the book with the same name, written by Lysa Terkeurst. As a Christian, you don't think that there is anything in the world we could crave besides God, I felt confident of that ...well, once my eyes were opened and reality set in, I quickly realized that was not the case.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary's definition of the word CRAVE is: "To have a very strong desire for something; to ask for earnestly; to want greatly; to yearn for; to have strong inward desire". Okay, after reading that definition, I started to really think about the things in my life that would truly relate to that...and honestly, it wasn't always God. Now, don't get me wrong, I love God, I am a very proud follower of Jesus Christ, and I want to crave Him over everything, but if we are just going solely on the definition of the word CRAVE, other things in my life could easily come before Him....food, control, perfection to name a few.
What I've come to know after only a week of this study is this, I need to change...I need and should crave God over all of that other stuff, because through Him I will be truly satisfied, I will be full! You would think as a Christian I would've already known this? Hey, it surprised me too...
Dear Lord, thank you for loving me even when my heart was craving other things, thank you for being the GOD of second (third, forth, fifth) chances, thank you for never giving up on me Lord. It is YOU I want to crave, always! In Jesus' Name, Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a struggle we all deal with, trying to crave Him above everything else! We are all a work in progress! Prayers for a successful study!
ReplyDeleteKris Danko (OBS Blog Hop Team)
Eye opening isn't it? I was surprised by what I wrote as well. Isn't it comforting to know that there are so many of us on the same journey though? :)
ReplyDeleteI've also linked your blog post this week as one I've read and recommend. Hope you don't mind. :)
http://chasingpsalm139.weebly.com/12/post/2014/01/permissible-but-not-beneficial.html
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Vikki, it is very eye opening, and I don't mind at all you linking my post...I'm flattered. God Bless!
ReplyDelete