“Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, come with me." Song of Solomon 2:10
My beloved, Jesus, thinks that I am beautiful...so why is it I so hard to agree with Him? If there is anyone in this world I should agree with, it should be Jesus! I am working on it, trying to see myself in a new light, the light that shines from Him, how He sees me. Looking in the mirror and throwing in the towel isn't an option, I need to do this not only for myself, but for my family and most importantly, for the one who created me...my beloved one!
Today is my birthday, I'm 37 years old. Looking in the mirror this morning, I see my age...I see the dark circles from lack of sleep due to restless children...I see the scars on my body from carrying them for 9 months...I see the gray hairs trying to fight their way through the color masking them...I see the worry, the guilt, the heartache, the stress, but through all of that I see the person God created me to be...a wife, a mother, a missionary, someone who is compassionate, loving, patient, kind and God fearing. So yes, today I am another year older, my mind & body is another year older...not my spirit. I will always be a child of the one true King.
Dear Lord, I thank you for my life, thank you for the blessings you continue to bestow upon me, even in the times I don't deserve them. Thank you for loving me Lord. In Jesus name, Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg