Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Power In Weakness...

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


God's love and grace is enough, enough to feed my soul, feed my spirit...It's been a couple of weeks since I've started this journey to change for the better, and yes, there have been struggles, there has been doubt, but I'm not afraid to admit my weaknesses to Jesus. He sustains me, He gives me the hope I need to get out of bed in the morning and choose a healthy breakfast over eating a Snickers bar (yes, I used to eat a Snickers for breakfast)...and  continue to make healthy choices throughout the day. 
 
On Sunday I started my online "Made to Crave" bible study, I've already been reading my daily devotional on this book, and  Day 15 really spoke to me...she talks about putting yourself "out there", feeling exposed to the negative comments you may get from friends and family or even strangers, getting those looks of doubt and wondering if they are thinking to themselves, "Here she goes again, starting something she won't finish." I will admit, I've started many things I didn't finish, but this is different, I want to be healthy...I want to look in the mirror and not feel ashamed of who is looking back at me...I want God, my children and my husband to be proud of what I'm (slowly) accomplishing.
 
Something else that really stood out to me on Day 15 of the devotional were these words, "Each day let God whisper into your heart the truth of who you are - and whose you are." I am His, and He is mine...God is my biggest fan, my cheerleader, my coach, my teacher, my everything!
 
 
Dear Lord, please whisper words of truth into my heart, and don't allow me to focus on the negative. You are my biggest fan, and I don't want to let You down. Guide me through this journey with an open heart, feed my soul with You goodness and grace. Thank you Lord! In Jesus name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg