Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gingerbread Houses, Lights, Snow and Fires...

Saturday night we took the kids to Crown Center to see Santa and eat at Fritz's...what we didn't know was that the whole city must have had the same idea as we did! The line for Santa was so long and Izzy wasn't going to be patient so we decided to try our luck at Fritz's, eat and then go back...the line at Fritz's was pretty long itself (we waited 30 minutes to eat burgers and fries) but the kids loved it, your food is brought to you by a train! We checked out the gingerbread house display, and enjoyed the lights around the city, even though the kids didn't get to see Santa, they had a pretty good time...













We drove through Mission Hills (where the big houses are) and I snapped a couple photos...I didn't want people thinking I was a stalker.



Despite the kids not getting to Santa, it was a great night spent with my family...I told the kids we would just send Santa an email!

Last night was a crazy night in this small town...my neighbors house was set on fire by 3 men to distract the police and fire department while they robbed our little Dollar General Store. My neighbor wasn't home (thank God) at the time, so I had to call her at work and tell her that her house was on fire...not something I've ever had to do before. So now there is tape around my neighbors house because it's now considered a crime scene. I guess even in a small town you have to be careful, I remember when no one locked their doors and left their keys in their vehicles at night, times they are a changing!

I hope you all have a lovely week, mine is going to be busy...the kids have their Christmas program on Thursday and then Gabe is leaving for Alabama on Friday for the weekend to watch a college football game with his buddies...this will be the first time we have been apart for more than a few hours since we got married. )o;

xoxo~Meg




7 comments:

  1. Glad you all had such a lovely evening! I love your photos xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the photos with the dotted snow and lights are just BEAUTIFUL!!!! :D

    Ha ha, I love how technical kids have gotten these days where e-mailing Santa is acceptable. Love it.

    Aoife x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your kids are adorable, and this night looks sooo much fun! i wanna go! haha. also, whoa for the crazy events in the neighborhood!!! that is one of my worst nightmares--for my house to catch on fire. that is so scary, i hope everything is ok for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY CRAP! That is so freaking scary. I know what it's like to lose everything in a fire. I've told you that story, right?
    Was it kids that set the fire? I am totally calling you tomorrow. I have too many questions.
    The pictures are beautiful and it looks like the kids had a great time. What a wonderful family outing.
    Since Gabe is going out of town to see some friends, maybe he won't mind if you come to Texas soon to see me. :)
    I'll call you tomorrow afternoon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you give up on the cow? No posts for a month??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read what you wrote about not being an invited reader. I'm not an invited reader either even though I paid through March 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my such a wonderful night out! Your photos are soo gorgeous and thanks so much for sharing! Have a lovely merry happy week, happy holidays and merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg