Hello All!
Have you ever just had one of those days...where you just want to scream and vent to anyone who will listen? Well I am having one of those!
This post isn't going to be full of bubble gum and cupcakes...sorry! On Sunday I participated in MannLand5.com "Getting to Know YOU" and question #3 really got me thinking..."I can't stand it when...?" Well here is my extended answer.
I am NOT perfect, in any way shape or form, but I can honestly say that I am the same person I was in high school and when I was in my 20's...pretty straight forward, blunt, honest and true to myself and what I believe in. I can't stand it when people change the who they are just to fit in, the way you dress, act and who you hang around. I try for my blog to honestly represent who I am as a person, if you know me (personally) then I hope that is true. Have you ever read someone's blog or facebook page and thought to yourself "Man, that's not how I remember her/him." I know that people have a right to change, but when it's so drastic that even YOU forget who you are, then maybe it's time to be the REAL you! No, this isn't directed towards anyone...I am just venting!
I can't stand it when people blame their childhood on who they are today! I was married to a man who is an alcoholic, he blamed it on the fact that his mother and father where also alcoholics...but he wasn't even raised by his parents, he was raised by his grandparents who didn't drink a drop! I know people who blame their actions on what they experienced as a child or teenager...if anything, you should learn from the mistakes and experiences from your past, so not to make them in the future! If I did that, I would be a lying, cheating, drug addicted alcoholic who attempted and possibly succeed suicide. I am sure that we all have shitty stories we can tell about our childhoods, but don't blame the past for who you are today...make your own future...be your own person...YOU are the boss of YOU, at least I hope you are!
Are you being true to yourself, to your family, friends, your readers? I hope that when I meet my blog friends, they aren't disappointed in the person they meet...that they can honestly say that who I am on my blog, is who I am in person!
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland
Okay, I am done venting...sorry for the bitchy post...it happens!
I hope that you all have a wonderful Tuesday!
xoxo~Meg
Amen, sista! I can say that you are just as wonderful in person as on your blog! I instantly felt like I could hang out with you (& your family) and have a great time just talking and being. I've been dealing with this during this past week and have been called a bitch and hypocrite for being somebody who speaks my mind and is honest. It left me doubting who I am and not wanting to blog ever again. But I'm over it. If people don't like me or what I say, don't visit my spot in the online world is what I have to say to them! I like people who are real and honest and not afraid to be themselves and say what's on their mind. You go girl! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you!!! Hope you have an amazing day!!!
xoxo
Thank goodness someone said it!!!! I am in complete agreement with you!!! We are our own person and shouldnt blame our life desicions on others or use them as excuses.
ReplyDeleteI love the quote you used, Ive used it many times before bc I feel it really should speak to certain people (Im sure you know who im referring too). I live by it!!!!!
I know that when we finally get to meet I will NOT be disapointed, i think we know each other well enough now and would have a blast!!! Lots of love to you Meg!!! Hope you have a great day!
xoxo,
Lindsay
I hate today. I am still recovering from the one week plus full of activities with the little people and work has been piling up. The World Cup is not helping at all. The day ended by finding a parking ticket and it was not of my doing. I left before 8 but got stuck in a traffic jam which made my 40-min drive to be (do the maths) I arrived at the office at 9:15. But we had a body combat session which was great. My body feels great after the work out.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Meg xx
ReplyDeleteI was not even expecting this when I visited your blog today. I normally look at your blog pretty early on in the day, but this morning I had a hair appointment at 9am and then Alan and I had Chick Fil A and went to see Toy Story 3. I am just now making my blog rounds. Sorry you are having one of those days. I plan on making July happy mail awesome for you.
ReplyDelete