Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy June Everyone!

Hello There Wonderful Blog Readers!

I can't believe it is June already, that is just crazy talk! Only 1 more week until we leave for our first family vacation, needless to say I am a little excited about it!!!

I wanted to share some photos of our Memorial Day...

Gabe needed to go out to the family farm to get some things from what we call "The Block Building" so I thought I would take my camera along to snap some photos of the kids enjoying the country.


Ragan and Nash picking Mulberry's to take home to feed the birds.



My 3 beautiful children!

The family farm is about 6 miles outside of the town we live in, just down the gravel road is the church that Gabe and I were married...



I am amazed that it was built 140 years ago and withstood the Civil War!

On the way home from the block building we stopped at the city park to take some photos of the new Veterans Memorial that was just finished.
Families could buy bricks to lay in honor or memory of a loved one...


This is one of my Grandfather's bricks, his full name was Joel General Ragan...when my Ragan asked me what the JG stood for and I told her, she said..."Wow mom, my great grandpa was a General in the Army!" My family names are a little confusing...my great grandfather's name was George Washington Ragan...try explaining that one to a kid.

This is my other Grandfather's brick, he is still living! His Commanding Officer on the USS Sheridan was the guy from the T.V. Show "Green Acres", Eddie Albert!

This brick belongs to my Great Uncle...I don't know much about him.

I hope that you all had a great Memorial Day!

I also wanted to say Happy Birthday to my sweet friend Jamie!
Happy Birthday Jamie, I hope that all of your Birthday wishes come true...you deserve it!
Love you!

xoxo~Meg

7 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! I just opened my card from you that came in the mail today!!! =)
    Looks like a great time! I love the 3 pictures of each of the kids!!!! Those are really great!!! I hope I get to see your face soon when you drive thru!!!!!! Eeeeek!!!
    Hope you're having a great day! Thanks for the birthday shoutout!!! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of your kids are soo beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bricks are so cool. I bet you are super excited about your vacation coming up. You finally get to see the ocean! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg our church looks just like yours! Looks like a wonderful weekend!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They just brought Salon Selectives back this year actually. Baby Boom is awesome. That's one of those movies I could watch over and over. I miss talking to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the bricks are a great idea, so cool! Your kids are beautiful indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg