First off...I would like to welcome all of my new readers, thanks for joining me in my journey!
WOW! Monday was such an amazing day for me, when I first saw that my "Makeover Story" was live on Elsie's blog all I could think about was what people were going to say...I read every single comment (86 to be exact) and with each and every one my heart filled with happiness and encouragement! Thank you so much for all of your kind words, I have never felt more beautiful!
As you all read...Elsie challenged me to wear at least one piece of vintage a week and take pictures and post them in a weekly outfit post...well, there's no backing out now is there, not with all of you checking in on me! Eeep!
I thought I would start this challenge off with a peek of what I have to work with in these "outfit posts"...so these are some of the vintage pieces you will be seeing me in...


Geez, for a girl who doesn't wear dresses I sure have a lot!
I plan on taking my photos on Friday's (so my hubby can be my photographer) and posting them on Sunday's! It's too bad Elsie can't come up here and style me every week, huh? (o;
This is a HUGE challenge for me...if you've been a reader of my blog for awhile you know that I DO NOT like my photo to be taken...but my husband is not going to let me back out on this one. I know in the long run it will give me the confidence I need to rock my vintage clothes without worrying about what others will say or think!
I would love for you to join in and if you do please leave me a link to your posts so I can check them out....we can all take this challenge together...deal?!?
Well, I need to start on some house work while the little one is napping!
Thank you again....you are all so amazing and I am blessed to have you as a reader!
xoxo~Meg










Oh, I can't wait to see those posts! You will look amazing in all those cute dresses! I loved the feature! You are so beautiful!!! Hugs xxx
ReplyDeleteSoooo awesome!! Go you! :)
ReplyDeleteyou look great in vintage!
ReplyDeletehttp://texasnj.dayeightmedia.com
You look stunning in those makeover photos and I can't wait to see your outfits! I'm crazy about that little red dress, so wear it soon!
ReplyDeleteYou have a lot of cute pieces! I have a few vintage dresses but I wish I had more so I could be vintage-pretty all week long :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your photos!
Victoria
Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun putting these outfits together. I can't quite tell from the picture, but I hope you have a brown belt. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what you come up with!
ReplyDeleteooooh I'm really looking forward to this!
ReplyDeleteHooray for you! You have some verrrry cute dresses to work with! <3
ReplyDeletejust came over from elsie's blog! you look amazing in the pics! you NEED to wear dresses to show off those beautiful lags you have!!!
ReplyDeleteheather
www.etsy.com/shop/3ringcircus
You are an inspiration! Your collection is amazing and I can't wait to check back to see what you come up with.
ReplyDeleteI might give this a try too. I just need to go out and find some vintage stuff and find the courage to wear it! :)
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words...reading them makes me even more excited for this journey!
ReplyDelete@Morgen you should take this challenge with me!
Xoxo~Meg
I love your smile! You look so great! I have some vintage clothes that don't fit me anymore and I am striving to get back into them. I have been a vintage lover for years (obviously.) I love the 80s look, leg warmers, tie dye, side ponytail, off the shoulder sweatshirts. I don't care what anyone thinks. I gotta be me.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know I think you look even more beautiful after your makeover! Your make up is very pretty. i really liked your hair too. i like vintage too, but I have a hard time finding pieces to fit me because I dont have a 24" waist. I look forward to seeing your outfits each week!
ReplyDeleteyou are fabulous and i am seriously so excited for you! can't wait to see all the posts! :)
ReplyDeleteOh it's YOU that was on Elsie's blog!!! Aw she did such a lovely post on you, and I can't wait to see you in more vintage dresses! You're soooo pretty and you rock vintage so much girlie!
ReplyDeleteJust popped over from Elsie's blog. You look STUNNING in these outfits. I particularly like the yellow floral dress, it really suits you.
ReplyDeleteI thought you looked beautiful in your vintage outfits that Elsie helped you with. The second one was my favorite. You should never fear your photo being taken. Your very pretty! Good luck with your weekly challange.
ReplyDeleteWhat font are you using on your blog? I love it!
I saw your story on Elsie's blog, and had to come over to visit- I think you amazingly adorable in vintage, and I hope that you keep on wearing them, so long as they make you happy! I know that I felt super self-conscious about wearing one for the first time(after it had languished in my closet for close to a year), and now it's probably one of my favorite dresses/ has gotten me the most positive reaction. And your challenge definitely inspires me to try to find more pieces that work for me and to wear them proudly.
ReplyDeleteLooks like I wore one of those cutie little vintage dresses for RV a few months back!!
ReplyDeleteYou're lucky you snagged that dress, I wanted it!!
Rock it, girl :)
xo Haley