Well, its been almost a year since my last post...pretty much the only social media I've stayed in touch with is twitter @megstwistedtree). I've done a lot of growing (no, I am not expecting) these last few months, as a parent, as a wife and most importantly, as a Christian. I've tried to completely give my life to Christ, give Him control over the things that I've always thought and tried to have control over...it's been hard, and I am still a work in progress!
I guess I will play catch up...as most of you guys know I am married to an amazing man, we celebrated our 4 year anniversary last month, the proud mom of 3 beautiful children, Ragan, who turned 11 in October, Nash who turned 8 in June and my little wild one, Izzy who in August turned 3! They are getting so big and growing up so fast! Ragan and Nash are from my previoius marriage, in case you were wondering why the math didn't add up.
After learning of the tragedy that occurred in Newtown, CT, I don't want to take one second for granted with my children...I have spent the days following this horrific event thinking and praying for those families, those innocent little boys and girls who won't know what it is like to get their drivers license when they turn 16, be asked or ask someone to their Senior Prom, graduate from High School or College, walk down the isle and look into the face of the one person God made for them. I think about my own children, and thank God that I have them and pray for their safety as they go off to school. I am saddened that we live in a society that we have to pray those kinds of prayers, that we aren't safe in school, church or even our own home...that I have to talk to my children about what they should do if there is ever a situation like the one in Newtown, while still reassuring them that it won't happen in their school. I live about a block from my kids school, I can see the front doors from my living room window, I find myself starring out the window, watching for any strange person to approach the front doors of the school, I've caught myself running different scenarios through my head about what I could do if I ever did see that "imaginary bad guy" walk through those double doors! I know, I know this sounds crazy and I've probably lost you by now as a reader, huh? It's a scary world we live in, but I know and trust that God has a plan for all of us.
Well, if you are still with me I'd like to tell you a little about my Christian journey thus far...
My family has been members of our church, Heart of Life, for a little over 4 years now, but until the past year or so we haven't been as involved as we are now. I am proud, and a little surprised to tell you that I am a Sunday School/Children's Church Teacher for grades 1-5. It's been a learning experience in more ways than one, what they learn about the bible is sometimes the first time I am learning about it. I am in charge of our local food pantry, which has humbled me as a Christian and as a person, you really don't realize what you have until you see those who have nothing! My husband runs sound for the worship band and I sometimes run the computer. We love our church and love serving the Lord through what we can do for it! We also lead a life team bible study on Friday evenings,which has made us some long time and amazing friends. This past October we were involved in Judgement House at church, if you have never experienced Judgement House I encourage you to do so, it is an eye opener! I had the privilege of witnessing dozens of lives changed as they gave their lives to Jesus Christ, one of which was my best friend Mary. Mary is one of my longest and dearest friends, we have known each other since we were 14 and have gone through so much together, good and bad. It is awesome to watch what God has done in her life over these last couple months! Watching her grow as a Christian has made me a better Christian in the process, I've been truly blessed and humbled.
If you have been a reader of my blog in the past, it was all about crafts, my love of vintage and handmade goodies and most recently, fashion posts...well, this blog is going to be a little different, I will still post about my life, loves and adventures (not that I have many), but I also want to share with you my life with Jesus and how He blesses me every single day! I've never denied being a Christian, I've always been proud of that fact...but I've never really expressed my love for Jesus and what He has done for me in the past blog posts. I know I will lose many of you as readers, but having "followers" is not what this blog is about...from now on, its MY online journal, MY testimony, MY letters to the One who gave me life, both new and old...with other things peppered in from time to time! Of course, I know I won't be able to post as often as I would like, but I am going to try!
Like I mentioned above...I am still a work in progress, who isn't? I still have issues, troubles, trials, bad days, sad days, but I know that with God all things are possible! After all, if God made everything out of nothing, shouldn't we trust that He can take care of us? We should never take God's patience for His absence, give Him control...I know, in the midst of these recent tragedies, to some that may not make since, but to me it makes perfect since!
I hope that you stay with me through this new blogging process, watch me grow as a Christian, mother and wife...in doing this, I am in no way stating I am a better, more grounded person than anyone, trust me...I'm still a sinner, I am just more conscious of my sins and always ask God's forgiveness for them! Join me, even if you just want to hang around to watch me stumble...God knows I will!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for visiting my little bubble, come back soon!
xoxo~Meg